What is improved by HighIQPro training?
HighIQPro is designed to improve intelligence defined in terms of real-world strategic effectiveness:
HighIQPro’s IQ-increase training has less emphasis on abstract, symbolic reasoning, and more on how to apply cognitive ability to figure out and adapt to changing environments, be productive and achieve success. It can also be thought of as “the capacity to acquire capacity” (H. Woodrow).
What IQ gain is guaranteed with HighIQPro training?
HighIQPro’s 2G brain training formula improves IQ – your general intelligence (G) and scores on scientifically valid IQ tests.
From 40 sessions of training, 15 minutes per session, we guarantee a 10-20 point IQ increase on standardized, culture fair IQ tests (such as Raven’s Progressive Matrices). The terms of the guarantee can be found here.
What real-world effects will I see as a result of training?
HighIQPro’s training improves IQ test scores. But what about intelligence gains in the real world? We regularly send out surveys, and users report multiple benefits in the real world including:
- higher productivity
- better decision making and strategic thinking
- better attentional focus – and the ability to ignore distractions
- improved multi-tasking
- ability to learn new information and skills (e.g. language learning)
- more self control – e.g. keeping emotional knee-jerk reactions in check
- creative insight in problem solving
- mental resilience in the face of stress
- lower anxiety
How do I know objectively if I’ve improved my IQ?
Your license comes with valid standardized IQ tests. These measure of your current baseline IQ and yor post-training IQ level after the training.
There are also scientifically valid tests in the add-on ‘Mindware Lab’ app provided for free – for
- working memory
- fluid reasoning
- cognitive resilience
- emotional intelligence
- anxiety and burnout levels
Are the IQ gains permanent?
The science shows that the 2G+ training results in permanent neuroplasticity changes and long-term IQ gains (review).
How credible is 2G DNB
The scientific basis of the 2G+ DNB training is explained here. Several decades of cognitive neuroscience research have been pooled in its development.
It is a major advance on dual n-back training, targeting not just working memory but also executive functioning. The founder and director of IQ Mindware is Dr Mark Ashton Smith who has a cog psych and neuroscience joint PhD from the joint Carnegie Mellon and University of Pittsburgh ‘Center for the Neural Basis of Cognition‘ (CNBC) Program, and was an Assist. Professor (Lecturer) at the University of Cambridge. Since Cambridge, Dr Ashton Smith has branched into applying his cognitive neuroscience background to developing evidence-based interventions for health, resilience and cognitive performance.
Why HighIQPro rather than another brain training provider?
There are a number of reasons:
- HighIQPro 2G is an evidence-based development of the most scientifically credible type of brain training, working memory training, that has known benefits for IQ and memory (ref1, ref2, ref3). Research papers on working memory training interventions number in the 100s now. No other type of training has this kind of evidence-base.
- Mark Ashton Smith, Ph.D., was trained in one of the most competitive cognitive neuroscience programs in the world (the Center for the Neural Basis of Cognition) back in the late 1990s at the origins of cognitive neuroscience and computational modeling movement, before later taking up a post at the University of Cambridge. His fellow grad students have gone on to make seminal contributions in the field of intelligence and higher order cognition. The 2G DNB formula is a product of this scientific background.
- HighIQPro is a specialized app for increasing IQ – as measured on independent IQ tests. Other providers do not focus on IQ specifically.
- Because of our results with 2G n-back training, we are confident in offering our IQ increase money-back guarantee. We are the only company that offers a guarantee for increasing IQ level.
- Many of the large companies have been shown to prioritize marketing and profits over scientific credibility and effectiveness (ref). Dr Ashton Smith has a genuine and personal mission to improve others mental performance, and the information provided is accurate.
- Because we are small and independent, we are not constrained by the very slow pace of lab-based research or sluggish corporate bureaucracy. IQ Mindware adopts an agile approach to R&D. We are able to implement and test the latest brain training research results, continually crowd-sourcing data for rapid innovation and effectiveness.
What do I do in the HighIQPro training? How long does it last?
HighIQPro’s 2G is a brain training game that builds on the dual n-back, while incorporating optional IQ and cognitive (e.g. attention) tests and IQ test problem sets. It is designed to be motivating and fun, but HighIQPro’s 2G training requires a serious 4-6 week commitment of the same level as e.g. going to the gym three times a week for 4-6 weeks. It is not like other ‘light weight’ brain training games in this respect. The dual n-back game is explained in this tutorial video. For those of you who have trained with the dual n-back before, this game will be quick to master, but noticeably more challenging as you make progress.
The basic 2G training program lasts between 4-6 weeks, 15-20 minutes per day – with break days. You decide on your own schedule.
While the basic program lasts 4-6 weeks, training time is limitless if you decide you want to continue with your training.
Can I increase my IQ in less than 4 weeks?
We have found that you can gain substantially in IQ from 12 days of training up to 20 days. Some individuals have a faster learning curve, and have experienced dramatic gains in as few as 5 days of training. But the recommended duration is 4-6 weeks for all the guaranteed neuroplasticity and IQ gains.
Can I improve my IQ more than 20 points?
We have had reports of up to 30 point IQ gains, but this is very rare.
What makes the second generation (2G) DNB better than the classic dual n-back?
The detailed scientific answer to this question is found here.
While the consensus is now that DNB (dual n-back) training does result in IQ gains, particularly for one factor of IQ called Gwm, the training gains are not by any means optimal.
The 2G DNB formula incorporates the following evidence based principles into classic DNB to optimize training gains for IQ:
- Gamification and incentives to improve motivation and engagement. The classic DNB is boring – and completing the program is difficult.
- Interference control training. Interference control has been shown to significantly improve attention control, compared to DNB training. And brain imaging studies shown interference control is a link between the neural circuitry the dual n-back targets and fluid reasoning circuitry.
- Output Gating. Stroop N-Back provides output gating training. Input gate training improves attention control and self-regulation, while output gate training improves reasoning, learning and problem solving – core components of IQ. Output gating is explained in detail here.
- Mindware training. Mindware strategy training is integrated into the HighIQPro program, carefully designed to improve your cognitive performance and cognitive capital.
- Independent IQ tests. The 2G DNB formula benefits from pre and post-training IQ, EQ, and resilience tests to enable you to track your training gains objectively.
Do I need Internet connectivity to train with HighIQPro?
No. The training game itself does not require internet connectivity, once it is installed on your machine. However, if you opt to take the cognitive tests to track your training gains, or participate in the leaderboard, you will need internet connectivity at least once a day to update the backend server to enable you to keep track of your training progress. You could play offline while commuting, and then connect the app when you are back at home to update the servers as to your progress.
Can I play HighIQPro on a mobile?
Yes. The multi-license option provides you with both desktop and mobile / tablet / iPad game-play. However, due to the timing and online tutorials, we recommend that you try to use the desktop version when you can.
Is my data protected?
All your data is anonymous and secure. If you opt to take the tests, there is no record kept of your particular IQ scores or any other personal test data. Data is only used anonymously to help develop the effectiveness of the programs.
If English is not my native language, can I use this software?
The game instructions are in English, and English is required for the IQ problem sets if you choose to do the mindware training. However, there are Spanish, German, and Italian versions of the 2G dual n-back core training itself.
Can I use a credit card if I don’t have a PayPal account?
If you have access to PayPal in your country, you can pay by credit card without opening a PayPal account. Simply click on the download button.
Once you have made your purchase, the app will be delivered to you instantly for download.