Take a valid, standardized IQ test
Knowing your true IQ level requires that you take a scientifically valid and standardized IQ test. This gives you a score somewhere on the IQ bell curve below. With this ‘bell curve’ you can compare your score with others in the population. It is generally thought that an IQ of 115 or greater is needed for college level education. Mensa requires an IQ level of 130 – in the top 2% of the population. A high IQ can be considered to be 115-120 or above.
Click for information on how to interpret an IQ score
Professional IQ tests
Professionally administered IQ tests (e.g. WAIS-IV or Cattell III B) give you a valid measure of your IQ level. They are typically administered by a certified psychologist, educationalist or clinician. They cost to you will be in the region of $300-$500 for an assessment. The test kits can be purchased independently – at a high cost: $1,110.00 for the test battery (link).
A cost-effective method of measuring your true IQ level is to take a Mensa Supervised Test. Mensa offers supervised IQ tests ( $40.00 in the US / £17.50 in the UK). This fee includes:
- A reserved place at the centre of your choice.
- The opportunity to take two IQ test papers. The Cattell III B and the Cattell Culture Fair III A.
- A score in the top 2% on either of these papers would qualify you for membership of Mensa.
- The marking of your IQ test papers and your results returned to you in confidence.
Online IQ tests with instant results
There are many so-called ‘IQ tests’ online. The vast majority these or more are not scientifically valid or reliable. They may be fun, they may even be good for training purposes, but they are worthless as a measure of your true IQ.
The GIQ Test
This online IQ test will give you a valid estimate of your IQ.This is a good general IQ test, combining non-verbal (spatial) and verbal problems, providing a reasonably valid measure of your IQ.
The fee is only $10.
According to the test-makers:
The GIQ Test is an online analog for the most common clinically proctored IQ tests. In our internal study, the GIQTest correlated within about 4% of an individual’s full scale score on a clinically proctored IQ test. The GIQTest’s sections are modeled after clinical IQ test sections.
The GIQ has the following features
- Time required: 25-45 minutes estimated. No time limit.
- Components of intelligence measured: full scale intelligence, ‘verbal’, ‘spatial’ and ‘quantitative’ intelligence. Your performance sub-score on this test can substitute as a measure of your fluid intelligence.
- Culture fair IQ test? No. Vocabulary, similarities and arithmetic subtests are culture-dependent.
- Repeat testing: No
- Fee: $10
- Test creators: Wendlink, Inc product
Valid online IQ tests with High IQ Pro
Alternatively, take one of the free scientifically valid culture fair online IQ tests supplied on purchasing our scientifically engineered IQ increase software to give an accurate measure of your IQ.